On April 5, 2017, the Illinois EPA reissued its “General NPDES Permit for Storm Water Discharges from Industrial Activities” (ILR00). The previous permit expired on April 30, 2014. In the meantime, U.S. EPA issued its “Multi-Sector General Permit for Storm Water Discharges Associated with Industrial Activity” (MSGP) and required the Illinois EPA to adopt many of components included in its MSGP. With that said, the reissued ILR00 looks a lot different than the previous general permit – with new requirements and additional provisions. Personnel at facilities covered under the ILR00 will benefit from learning more about the modifications and new expectations. And those with individual permits that contain storm water conditions will learn about the conditions that will likely be included in permits as they are reviewed.
On June 1, 2017, IERG hosted a webinar, featuring the Illinois EPA, Bureau of Water Permit Section Manager, Al Keller, to discuss the new permit.
The webinar walked attendees through the reissued ILR00 focusing on:
- New Special Conditions regarding TMDL discharge requirements
- Changes to the Application Requirements
- Additional SWPPP documentation requirements
- New Monitoring provisions (including Benchmark Monitoring)
- New Control Measures and Discharge Limitations
- Additional Inspections documentation requirements
If you were unable to participate in the webinar, DVDs of the recorded presentation are now available to purchase. Please contact Angie at email@example.com for more information.